Vultr.com - Instant Cloud Server Deployment
GAMETRACKER FORUMS
Forum Home > Bug Reports [RESOLVED] > Recent GameTracker Database Issues
PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 31 NEXT
burnPM
#1
Recent GameTracker Database Issues
Oct 25, 2012 2:45 PM
GAMETRACKER ADMIN Joined: Sep 27, 2006
Posts: 10929
Updated October 26th

GameTracker experienced a master database failure this week. The majority of the data has been restored from backup, but there are several servers and particular games that we affected more than others that we are unable to fully restore. Although this does not help people with issues currently, we have also implemented additional measures to prevent this type of data corruption where we are unable to restore 100% of the servers from backup should there be another hardware failure in the future.

Suggested Solutions:

My server does not exist in the database
We are attempting to restore the last remaining missing servers over the next week from alternative data. If your server is still missing now from the database, please re-add your server to the database as our restore process may not be successful for a portion of the remaining missing servers.

My server rank is reset
We are unable to manually assign a rank. However, we are running an accelerated re-rank algorithm to account for this and your server should be fully normalized to a correct ranking within the next 5 to 7 days.

I am missing stats
GT will attempt to restore as much information as possible, even for servers that were re-added after the event. However, a small portion of the servers are unfortunately unavailable for restoration.

My server shows up, but it is claimed by someone else or shows the wrong game
You will need to follow the process to reclaim it. This is not the result of unauthorized account access.

If your server shows the wrong game, you can either change it manually or wait for the site to detect the change and adjust the gametype appropriately.

Please note, I am retired from GameTracker after 11 years.
Last edited by: mike Oct 26, 2012 1:16 PM
velturePM
#2
Oct 25, 2012 3:07 PM
Joined: Jan 07, 2011
Posts: 18
*******My server rank is reset
If you re-added your server during the downtime, your rank will be recalculated. If your server is still as popular as it was, it will be close to its previous rank in roughly a week as usual. *******


Oh my god..... why didn't you just say NOT TO RE-ADD SERVERS??

My server was top15 and i know it can't be done in a week to get from 6000 place to 15.

This is bull man. You should reset all servers and all stats so it would be fair.

This is bull.....

Have nice day. You've ruined in 1 day something that we were fighting for almost a year.
Last edited by: burn Oct 25, 2012 3:15 PM
burnPM
#3
Oct 25, 2012 3:10 PM
GAMETRACKER ADMIN Joined: Sep 27, 2006
Posts: 10929
velture,

We never told anyone to re-add servers. I had a post up earlier that you should not need to re-add servers yet, then the announcement was added at the top of the site to indicate that "You may continue to add servers or claim servers - these actions won't be reversed and ranks will be recalculated for newly added servers."

Ranks do not include data more than one month, and you should be at a rank close to what you were in about a week. Since you worked for a year to get your server popular, you should be fine.

Please note, I am retired from GameTracker after 11 years.
hiphiphurraPM
#4
Oct 25, 2012 3:11 PM
Joined: Oct 20, 2010
Posts: 22
re-add also means re-claim!?
cause it says "none-claim now"

hmm maybe you can say me easly a list what do do..sorry my enlish is very bad.
i mean a list like

--======================
What to do if server dissapeard in list:
1. re-add server on way like the first time
2. re-claim your server
3. if game and rank is wrong you can change rank manualy or wait some hour for auto fix

4. finish...server should be ranked now
--======================



Know Problems:
1. server rank is reseted:
this is cause........you have to do........

2. servername wrong:
...^

--=======================

xd is this the way i can fix it? sorry if my question is stupid^^
Last edited by: hiphiphurra Oct 25, 2012 3:18 PM
velturePM
#5
Oct 25, 2012 3:15 PM
Joined: Jan 07, 2011
Posts: 18
burn wrote:
velture,

We never told anyone to re-add servers. I had a post up earlier that you should not need to re-add servers yet, then the announcement was added at the top of the site to indicate that "You may continue to add servers or claim servers - these actions won't be reversed and ranks will be recalculated for newly added servers."

Ranks do not include data more than one month, and you should be at a rank close to what you were in about a week. Since you worked for a year to get your server popular, you should be fine.

I've edited my post and addes some screens. You can clearly see that i'm not lying about my ranking.

You sholud just close the site for X hours and get a full backup of everything. If not you should reset everything.
burnPM
#6
Oct 25, 2012 3:16 PM
GAMETRACKER ADMIN Joined: Sep 27, 2006
Posts: 10929
hiphiphurra wrote:
re-add also means re-claim!?
cause it says "none-claim now"

Yes, you should do that.

velture wrote:
I've edited my post and addes some screens. You can clearly see that i'm not lying about my ranking.

I am not doubting you. As indicated in the original post, we cannot manually assign a rank. This will mess up the system.

Please note, I am retired from GameTracker after 11 years.
velturePM
#7
Oct 25, 2012 3:18 PM
Joined: Jan 07, 2011
Posts: 18
burn wrote:
hiphiphurra wrote:
re-add also means re-claim!?
cause it says "none-claim now"

Yes, you should do that.

velture wrote:
I've edited my post and addes some screens. You can clearly see that i'm not lying about my ranking.

I am not doubting you. As indicated in the original post, we cannot manually assign a rank. This will mess up the system.

Ok. Can i delete my server and wait for you to give a backup of my server?
burnPM
#8
Oct 25, 2012 3:19 PM
GAMETRACKER ADMIN Joined: Sep 27, 2006
Posts: 10929
velture wrote:
Ok. Can i delete my server and wait for you to give a backup of my server?

"GT will attempt to restore as much information as possible, even for servers that were re-added after the event."

Please note, I am retired from GameTracker after 11 years.
velturePM
#9
Oct 25, 2012 3:23 PM
Joined: Jan 07, 2011
Posts: 18
burn wrote:
velture wrote:
Ok. Can i delete my server and wait for you to give a backup of my server?

"GT will attempt to restore as much information as possible, even for servers that were re-added after the event."

Yeah. But that doesn't answer my question. Will removing my server from the list make it more possible to restore more data than now after re-adding it.

If there is a slight chance to restore more date after removing then I will remove it and wait that 48h for a backup.
hiphiphurraPM
#10
Oct 25, 2012 3:37 PM
Joined: Oct 20, 2010
Posts: 22
k i reclaimed my server and changed the gametype from minecraft to crysis back BUT it said that rank will be reset!?!??? omg realy?? or will my rank #2 get back in next few hours?
PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 31 NEXT