GameTracker > Forum > Ideas & Requests > Steam ID tracker, instead of Steam name/nickname
Vultr.com - Instant Cloud Server Deployment
GAMETRACKER FORUMS
Forum Home > Ideas & Requests > Steam ID tracker, instead of Steam name/nickname
thunder_novaPM
Steam ID tracker, instead of Steam name/nickname
Mar 02, 2018 11:08 AM
I am a bit tired of the fact that once you change your name on Steam it stops tracking.

Why not track the STEAM ID, instead? For one, it does track by itself the username. But if not, then we just have to rename the name/nickname ourselves.
chimaera500PM
Mar 02, 2018 11:23 AM
GAMETRACKER MODERATOR Joined: Jul 14, 2009
This is Gametracker - not steam

We do not track online players by steam name.

We would have no idea what a particular online player's steam id is anyway.

__
I am a community user. I do not reply to private message requests for support.
Hint: I do not accept (or reply to) personal requests for re-ranking or unbanning.
You must use the forums please.

Links:
Forum Guidelines | Reporting abuse | Guides & FAQs | General Help
thunder_novaPM
Mar 02, 2018 4:21 PM
hmm... Idk if you can use the steam profile url

Even after I changed my nickname (now Thunder_Nova) the URL remains the same http://steamcommunity.com/id/thunderoflight/

I also use in-game console command "status" without the quotes for steam ID

and websites such as https://steamidfinder.com/ or/and http://steamrep.com/
robin3skPM
Mar 02, 2018 5:09 PM
GameTracker reports data that is generated from the server itself.

Whatever in-game name has been reported by the server, that is displayed on GameTracker.

You can alter your username and custom Steam ID within Steam itself. These options are available on your profile page.

Some games do allow you to force your nickname to a particular string using a delegated command for such.

Player historical data will propagate considering that the nickname has been used again.

Reporting Abuse | Guides and FAQs

thunder_novaPM
Mar 07, 2018 3:24 PM
hmm, *nods*, yea. Though it can be troubling, I did face a few players with the same nickname oddly in some occasions. Which defeats the purpose of nicknames tracking.

I wish someone creates a plugin that can report the Steam ID. I though it could be simple enough since everyone can use the "Status" command in the console. Which the ID is unique to each account.

I do love gametracker, though some people can really mess it up. Mostly in which it's pointless to report here, since it is in renaming in steam.

Well thank you for the commentary.

skydivingsquid92PM
May 27, 2019 7:51 PM
Is it possible that we can add a search by SteamID?

Essentially what this would allow is a way to track a player by their SteamID instead of name changes. Some players change their name continuously, making it near impossible to track their server time or name history.

Primarily, I’d like this function for the “Total Time Played” option, however listing the usernames they’ve played under that server and the time per username would be fantastic as well.

This would be a tremendously helpful tool for the GFL servers. Thank you!

SkydivingSquid
GFL Server Manager
chimaera500PM
Jun 28, 2019 5:09 AM
GAMETRACKER MODERATOR Joined: Jul 14, 2009
As previously stated: Gametracker has no ability to see a players Steam ID.

Game servers do not report this information therefore it is not possible for Gametracker to know it.

__
I am a community user. I do not reply to private message requests for support.
Hint: I do not accept (or reply to) personal requests for re-ranking or unbanning.
You must use the forums please.

Links:
Forum Guidelines | Reporting abuse | Guides & FAQs | General Help