Vultr.com - Instant Cloud Server Deployment
DISASTROUS CONSEQUENCES 34 MEMBERS:
Home
Forum
News
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Forum Home > Server Discussion > Ideas and Input for 206
PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT
hollonPM
#1
Ideas and Input for 206
Jan 24, 2017 6:44 PM
Hollon Admin - Joined: Sep 12, 2010
Posts: 230
Hi all,

I've had ideas for the next big build for quite some time. I keep a list of things I'd like to do and build upon it. Although 204 and 205 was more of a closed-door build, I'm open to suggestions from the community for 206. Keep it balanced, think of gameplay, and nothing too complex for me (so stay away from changing monster AI).

Here's my own list. Some of these may get implemented, some might not be feasible. Depends on how creative I can get with working around code.

1) Weapon upgrades
- Buy abilities that will upgrade your weapons
- Shieldgun: longer lasting shield, a bit more distance from which you can damage a target with the melee fire
- Bio Rifle: goops stay around for a little longer before exploding; slightly bigger goop charge with the alt fire
- Shock Rifle: slightly bigger shock combo, shock beam reflects off walls and floors
- Link Gun: slightly longer link shaft, link projectile bounces off walls and floors

So on and so forth. All of these upgrades are slight changes to the stock weapons, so rather than just increasing damage (which is boring and more like a WM), the upgrades will change other features of the weapon that could change weapon tactics.

I'll most likely make the weapon upgrade system a ClassicRPG thing. Even though it initially makes sense for it to be a WM thing, we still get a lot of new players who check out ClassicRPG and become disappointed when they see that it doesn't offer anything new. This will hopefully pique their interest and keep them around longer. It'll also get some of us normal players to try the class too- so far, I think only Jefe and I use ClassicRPG. Weapon masters are more about damage than weapons. Makes no sense for weapon upgrades to be a WM subclass when all WM subclasses are about changing how damage is done.

2) Explosives Subclass
- New Engineer subclass
- Traditional engineers manipulate the map for bases and protection; this subclass will manipulate the map to trap and enclose monsters.
- More grenades/mine-based than turrets/sentinels-based
- Different kinds of mines: bio mines, flak mines, wildfire mines, etc.
- Mines will detonate with special Detonator Artifact. Otherwise, mines can't be destroyed.
- Give them a modified damage sentinel that, in addition to boosting projectile damage, boosts the damage radius of splash-damage projectiles: flak shells, grenades, mines, rockets, etc.
- Laser Grenade Launcher: grenades will stick to any surface including walls and ceilings. Grenade will emit a straight-line laser that will damage any monster that crosses it. Good for making traps.
- Mine Layer sentinel and Mine Booster sentinel? So an autonomous mine-boosting thing.
- No offensive sentinels, no vehicles. Turret maybe up to an Energy turret.

3) Nali Priest Subclass (trying to keep it UT-themed)
- I was originally going to make this a new class, but it really does fall under the AM category, and AMs currently have the least subclasses.
- Choose one type of movement: flight, teleport, speed
- Movement will cost 0 adren, so you can fly, teleport, or use speed as much as you want
- Choose on type of power: lightning bolt/rod, black hole, meteor, fireball, etc.
- Your power attribute will be your main way of doing damage.
- This allows a player to strategize and choose one type of movement with one type of power. So on fall-off maps like MegaWoot, use flight and black-hole. On large VCTF maps, use teleport and lightning bolt. Teleport, bolt, teleport, bolt, teleport, bolt.
- Will need to come up with more movement and power ideas.
- So unlike Extreme AM where you do more damage with all artifacts, you'll focus on only one type of movement and one type of offensive artifact, and of course get a much bigger damage boost in that artifact.

4) Melee subclass
- Shield gun only. Absolutely no other weapon.
- Sturdy ability so you can run up to monsters.
- Higher levels of quickfoot, power jump, and airmaster.
- Proficiency ability? So the more kills with your shield, the higher the damage.
- Buy an ability that increases the distance at which you can damage targets with the shield melee fire.
- Can jump-boost yourself with shieldgun, no self-damage.
- Vorpal Shield Gun of Infinity?
- WM subclass or ClassicRPG subclass?

5) Rage subclass
- The lower your health, the higher your damage.
- Can buy Hardcore to keep your health where you want it
- Vampire Surge, so that your health increases only when you kill the target, not when you damage it.
- Give an artifact that sets your health to a low amount. Give another artifact to heal yourself back up. So you have better control of your health, and thus your damage.
- WM subclass or ClassicRPG subclass?

6) Necromancer
- I'm not entirely satisfied with how Necromancer is playing, which is more like a WM.
- Give Necromancers a 'Life Drain' artifact: point at a monster, activate artifact. Monster HP will drain and add it to yours. Can use on multiple monsters.
- If we give the Life Drain artifact, then reduce weapon damage.
- When resurrecting a player, the player will be in a Zombie state under your control for an amount of time- so lower speed, lower firing rate, and % of XP will go to Necromancer. Remove the 40 XP on resurrection. This makes it more thematic to a Necromancer.
- So Necromancer would have Hardcore, no ghost, no regen, less weapon damage. If we do the Life Drain artifact, the artifact needs to be good enough to justify the lower weapon damage. Maybe give Ghost back if too nerfed?

7) New Turrets (again)
- SPMA Turret (there is UT3 version for UT2004 that works so much better than the default UT2004 SPMA)
- Paladin Turret
- I want to keep the Solar/Ball Turret at the top end, so these will really need to be limited. But just to give Engis more options for construction.

8) Drones for Auto Engi
- Auto Engis need to be more distinguished from Base Builder and Weaponry.
- I see Auto Engis as self-reliant and individual- less camping based, and more roaming based
- Drone would be best as a mobile sentinel to follow a non-camping Auto Engineer
- Give more options for Auto Sentinels: AutoMercury, AutoBeam, AutoMachinegun
- AutoLock artifact to keep crosshair on target, and thus Auto sentinels keep locked on target

9) I'm too rich!
- Any ideas for things high level players can waste stat points on?
- Shouldn't alter gameplay- so nothing like extra HP or damage.
- Should just be a fun, bonus thing for high level players to spend stat points on.
- A super expensive ability that gives a player a crown? Got the idea from the Santa Hat mutator.
- A super expensive ability that makes you glow a certain color? Just a visual cue that shows other players you're awesome.
- A super expensive ability that lets you play a sound?
- Things like that.

Ideas from the community:
- Multi-user turrets
- Link/Shackle feature on Necromancer's life drain; Mass life drain
- Power artifacts for new AM subclass: heat/ice wave; odin/laser beam; shock ball that strikes out at monsters; spider mine burst
- Magic Immunity ability
- Summoner staff ?????
- Ghost artifact for Necromancer
- Artifacts proficiency
- Allow DD/Inv sphere to affect Hardcore
- High level ability: play different monster sounds; use different glowing emitters; masks/wings
- Freeze Bomb Artifact (and stop monsters from firing)
- Rail Gun for Sniper subclass
- Pet commands: attack, stay, follow
- Core stat improvements for ClassicRPG
- Re-balance Builder and Weaponry subclass - synergy between both
Steam: hollon11
Last edited by: hollon Mar 06, 2017 2:38 AM
oldspikePM
#2
Jan 25, 2017 9:13 AM
Spike Member - Joined: Dec 15, 2013
Posts: 12
Awesome ideas Hollon! A few thoughts:

1) Bio: can the delay be proportional to the size of the blob? For example, smallest blobs explode quicker than larger ones.

2) Love the explosives subclass. A "bunker" would be great - one structure with openings, so like a turret but you have to use the linkgun.

3) No comment at this time - not enough experience with this class.

4) This one reminds me of the gauntlet you could get (UT 3?). I would definitely give this a try. Proficiency, yes.

5) Ouch! I'd kill myself to quickly.

6) Ghost yes - makes sense to me.

7) I loved the cosmic(?) one you let me try one time - but it was way overpowered with you linking

So by definition, sentinels are stationary, so I would do only drones. I like the idea. Only one drone type, so you don't have to have a swarm, but maybe you spend points to increase their power? (like how you develop pets)

9) An expensive (cool looking) drone that just tells everyone how great you are. Doesn't do anything else other than being obnoxious
Spike - Spikeneer - Dr.Spike
dragon7350PM
#3
Jan 25, 2017 5:22 PM
Dragon7350 Member - Joined: Oct 11, 2013
Posts: 152
1)
- Minigun: faster barrel rotation, no kickback
- Flak Cannon: after alt-fire flak bombs explode...extra flak homes in on targets, primary or secondary fire flak remain on the ground as mines and does not damage player
- Rocket Launcher: faster lock on/less requirement to hold still, can hold 6 rockets in a chamber (ode to the unreal gold eight-ball hehe).
- AVRIL: can't be shot out of the air, faster lock-on speed
- Grenade Launcher: fired grenades home in on targets near them, fired grenades cause lightning on stuck targets and targets nearby them
- Lightning Gun: targets hit cause chains of lightning to other targets, streaks of lightning caused by hitting the ground have a higher chance of hitting nearby targets.
- Sniper Rifle: No anti-camping smoke muzzle flashes, can charge primary fire to get a more powerful shot
- Redeemer: can't get shot out of the air/or can be shot but explodes instead of whiffs
- Ion Painter: faster laser activation


What models will you use for Drones? PS I am a modeleer

9)
Super expensive ability that:
- Gives you wings (angel, demon, hawk, fairy
- Gives you a custom emitter on your character body...like flames...or flowers
- Makes damage against monsters give you "dings" based on how much damage you do
- makes a semi-transparent dc logo above your head when you press a button
- Gives you recolored weapons that other players can see
- Gives colored smoke trails for player rocket launchers
- Gives different goop colors for bio rifle
- Gives different weapon emitter colors basically
- Gives you a fruitcake head
- Gives you various masks

xscarletPM
#4
Jan 26, 2017 3:21 PM
Non-member Joined: Jan 26, 2017
Posts: 7
I made an account for this -.-

Soooo, I got some ideas that could be cool to see in the server.
First, if you wanna add an upgrade to weapons I think a good upgrade would be for the Link Gun to beable to link anyweapon for bonus damage instead of bouncing shots.
also the biogun would have the goop dealing damage and poison the target (does not poison the user or any type of friendly)

My 2nd idea is for the engineer, a new subclass (the barrel idea is good but too complex for the generic engineer master, you would need alot of binds to function correctly) What I had in mind is to add a new subclass based on supporting. This would include:
-No offensive Sentinels.
-2 (or more judging by you guys opinions) defence sentinels.
-New turret: the Duo turret, need 2 players to function best, It's like 1 is aiming it and the other one is shooting a Multi minigun holding turret for more damage output.
-10 blocks max (+/- judging how you would think about it again)
-the Superbeast and the Hellbender as main vehicles.
-reduced shieldblast cost
-Supporting engineer gets the minelayer booster and/or damage booster sentinel
-Supporting engineer gets the option to get the defence sentinels to give Health, Shield and Adrenaline (or only one of the named boosters since it might get overpowered).
-the Support engineer gets only 50% damage output (so you rely on teamplay with this subclass rather then rampaging solo)

Next up I got another idea for the recently messed up Monster Medic Master, a new subclass called "The Beastmaster"
This includes:
-Loaded medic lvl 1.
-Loaded monsters lvl 10 (or no level at all judging by you guys opinions)
-Monster points lvl 6 (Same as above here)
Gets a special function to transform into a monster with all there attacks and functions (warlord being able to fly, melee and shoot rockets. Manta being able to fly and deal melee attacks, you get what i mean)

and that's about it, I am 100% sure i got more idea's but this is all i got for now


hope you like it!

Cheers, Scarlet
hollonPM
#5
Jan 27, 2017 3:34 PM
Hollon Admin - Joined: Sep 12, 2010
Posts: 230
Yay, there are people out there responding to my posts! Great ideas, keep em coming.
oldspike wrote:
1) Bio: can the delay be proportional to the size of the blob? For example, smallest blobs explode quicker than larger ones.

That will be a little bit more work on my part but, honestly, is probably more balanced with your approach than if all the globs remained longer. I will certainly look into it.

oldspike wrote:
7) I loved the cosmic(?) one you let me try one time - but it was way overpowered with you linking

Odin Turret I've had an itching that the firing rate still needs to be lowered. We'll see

oldspike wrote:
8) So by definition, sentinels are stationary, so I would do only drones. I like the idea. Only one drone type, so you don't have to have a swarm, but maybe you spend points to increase their power? (like how you develop pets)

Yep, most likely only one drone. Even though the auto sentinels are stationary, they're a bit more suited for a roaming engineer since the sentinels target whatever the player is targeting. Those can be the "side sentinels" and the drone will be the main one.

dragon7350 wrote:
What models will you use for Drones? PS I am a modeleer

I'm giving you complete creative freedom.

xscarlet wrote:
made an account for this -.-

I officially welcome you to the forum where it's only active several times a year!

xscarlet wrote:
Soooo, I got some ideas that could be cool to see in the server.
First, if you wanna add an upgrade to weapons I think a good upgrade would be for the Link Gun to beable to link anyweapon for bonus damage instead of bouncing shots.
also the biogun would have the goop dealing damage and poison the target (does not poison the user or any type of friendly)

Not that it would be impossible, but it would be very tedious to make the link gun linkable to all weapons. ClassicRPG for now is a very plain class- mainly just higher damage and damage reduction. I think we should keep damage-boosting roles to AM and ENG and preserve that old-fashioned style of playing for ClassicRPG.

xscarlet wrote:
My 2nd idea is for the engineer, a new subclass (the barrel idea is good but too complex for the generic engineer master, you would need alot of binds to function correctly) What I had in mind is to add a new subclass based on supporting. This would include:
-No offensive Sentinels.
-2 (or more judging by you guys opinions) defence sentinels.
-New turret: the Duo turret, need 2 players to function best, It's like 1 is aiming it and the other one is shooting a Multi minigun holding turret for more damage output.
-10 blocks max (+/- judging how you would think about it again)
-the Superbeast and the Hellbender as main vehicles.
-reduced shieldblast cost
-Supporting engineer gets the minelayer booster and/or damage booster sentinel
-Supporting engineer gets the option to get the defence sentinels to give Health, Shield and Adrenaline (or only one of the named boosters since it might get overpowered).
-the Support engineer gets only 50% damage output (so you rely on teamplay with this subclass rather then rampaging solo)

Seems a bit like a small cross between Hybrid Engineers, Base Builders, and WM/Eng / Auto. I think what you're getting at is a support function that allows multiple users to use a turret/vehicle. I've had similar ideas for multi-person turrets actually, and a few others as well. If it is implemented, it most likely would be a Base Builder-only thing. The only new thing is the multi-user turret. Everything else: damage sentinels, defsent boosters, etc. all exist. So rather than make a new subclass for the multi-user turret alone, add it to Base Builders to enhance the subclass' quality and uniqueness. Base Builders are all about support as well, even though right now it may not seem like it because players usually take one of their turrets and other players link. With a multi-person turret, it should intensify that "if this ship goes down, we all go down" mentality which already exists with Base Builders.

I'll add the multi-turret to the list, but I've never looked around vehicle code too much (and where all the multi-person usage is at), so it may not be feasible. Of course, Dragon will need to come up with new models, textures and animation for it.

xscarlet wrote:
Next up I got another idea for the recently messed up Monster Medic Master, a new subclass called "The Beastmaster"
This includes:
-Loaded medic lvl 1.
-Loaded monsters lvl 10 (or no level at all judging by you guys opinions)
-Monster points lvl 6 (Same as above here)
Gets a special function to transform into a monster with all there attacks and functions (warlord being able to fly, melee and shoot rockets. Manta being able to fly and deal melee attacks, you get what i mean)

This is one of those things that is a bit too complex for me. Getting players to fire monster projectiles is easy, but everything else- changing flight/speed, and changing the player model is tough. An alternative approach- and I've had this idea before- is a 'summoner staff' or 'monster staff' that lets you shoot monster projectiles, from Krall plasma to Titan rocks. It somewhat achieves the same function as completely transforming into a monster, just the themes and aesthetics are different. If what you want from transforming into a monster is to be able to shoot Warlord rockets and Titan rocks, the staff achieves that with a much easier way for me to make it so.

If it were implemented, I don't think it merits a new subclass. Too closely related to Summoners, so it would be a Summoner thing - again about enhancing the uniqueness. Summoners still need a rework anyway- so again, this may be possible.


Steam: hollon11
Last edited by: hollon Jan 27, 2017 3:42 PM
nickgavranPM
#6
Jan 30, 2017 1:25 PM
Nickgavran Member - Joined: Feb 19, 2015
Posts: 19
1) As for Weapons Upgrades:
Grenade Launcher - Faster projectiles, faster detonation. (Maybe cannot be shot down by monsters) [As a general fix, can you make it so they're not destroyed by teammates for everyone please)
Bio-Rifle - Make it charge alt-fire goop faster. It's already bugged in the fact that WeaponSpeed does not affect it iirc.

3) Movement Ideas: 2 types of teleport.
No.1 functions like the 'Teleporter' artifact,
No.2 will teleport you to whereever you are currently aiming, instantly.
Ghost-movement. Very slow movement, but you can ghost through walls and everyt object, monster, player etc. constantly (and fly too of course) (Might be a bit exploitive, but OOB should kick in if you stay OOB too long).

Power Ideas:
Heat Wave. The same as the Firetitan's attack, BUT it's smaller and can penetrate monsters 100%. Also has a low chance to inflict burn. 50% DB more/less vs Ice/Fire.
Frost Wave. - Same as above, but has a low chance to freeze instead. And obviously 50% DB more/less reversed accordingly.

Also I was thinking that the Nali should support a bit different than normal AM that fits the Unreal and Nali theme very well:
You summon special items from Unreal 1, Since the Nali in Unreal 1 is known to lead you to secrets, health pickups, weapons, damage amplifiers etc.
All of these items except Nali fruit 2 and 3 and Invul Pickup exists, but that would only require small re-textures.

Nali Fruit 1, 2, 3: Will summon a Nali Fruit that grows slowly and can only be picked up when grown fully where you aim (This animation is already ported to Ut2k4). Will not heal immediately, but will apply a "regeneration" effect depending on which fruit. Since it is not instant, neither the summoning or the healing, cheap Adrenaline cost.
HP Item 1, 2, 3: Bandages, Healthpack, Megahealth. Summons instantly at target, and heals the same amount instantly as the Nalifruits. Higher Adrenline cost.
Misc Items: DD pickup - Instant summon at target, same cost as remote DD boost.
Invulnerability Pickup - Same as DD Pickup, but grants invulnerability.

When teammates pick up your summoned pickups, you'll receive XP accordingly to the item they've picked up.

The idea behind this is that it fits a Nali-theme more, and since they're pickups they can be stacked. Meaning if there's no engineer on, you can still have a "base" but of pickups, like AMs can have a "base" where they run SafetySphere. Obviously some sort of point system would have to be implemented, so how much you can summon is limited. Like the engineer or Monstermaster.

5) It's a good idea, but sounds very gimmicky from the fact that you're constantly running on low HP, and do not have Energy Shield like AM to stay alive. Hard to see how it in practice could be useful. ClassicRPG subclass imo since they have none. 4) should also be ClassicRPG subclass.

6) Necro should be affected by Damage/Safetyspheres, as they currently do not. Hardcore only states you cannot be healed by a friend, so no healingsphere/blast makes sense.
To differentiate it a bit from WM, I suggest that you lower the levels of Vampirism a bit, but give it a level or two of Vampiric Surge. Meaning to keep HP up, you don't only need to damage, but ALSO kill. Also careful with lowering weapon damage. It is the heaviest of nerfs, and a slight decrease could make it completely unviable.
___________
Next idea is either for ClassicRPG weapon upgrade system, or possibly for the Nali Subclass (or other). The basic idea is to imbue your weapon with Magic, much alike %CTC. (% Chance to Cast)
This is the same concept as Vorpal, where its' power is to instagib.
Basically an ability, that will grant all or some weapons %CTC something special.
To give you an example I thought of this:
Bio-Rifle. Primary fire; low chance to fire a lavaskaarj goop, lower chance to fire an arctic skaarj goop (so it would technically replace the normal bio goop for that 1 shot)
Secondary Fire: Moderate %CTC Slug Goop (with poison), Low %CTC Ice Slug (with freeze), lower %CTC Fire slug (with burning).
LinkGun: %CTC, next x shots will be linked shots (as if you were linked, meaning yellow damageboosted shots). Both primary and secondary fire. Etc. etc. etc.

9)An ability with many levels. Each level, you are given a new sound to play. Each new level gives you a sound of a more powerful monster. So Pupae -> Razorfly -> Manta sound etc. Can play the sound every x seconds/minutes. Can be bound to a key, just like you have a "Second horn bind". Might even be the same bind, but just on foot, rather than in a vehicle for more optimization.

Last edited by: nickgavran Jan 30, 2017 3:21 PM
xscarletPM
#7
Jan 31, 2017 4:03 AM
Non-member Joined: Jan 26, 2017
Posts: 7
Hoiii Scarlet again

I got some more possibly good idea's that you might wanna make in the server ^^

So my first and my best idea to be added in the server is:
a new blast!
It's a pink coloured blast and gets used like the poisonblast and the megablast.
what does it do?
after the the explosion the hit monsters are confused for C.a. 5 sec
in other words the monsters stop attacking anybody for a short amount of time. the cost would be around 100/150 adrenaline (or even higher for that matter)
and the cooldown is 20 sec (depends on how long you want to make the cooldown, could be longer could be shorter)
i think it's a great idea for adrenaline masters.

my 2nd idea is kinda worthless but ill suggest it anyway because who knows ^_^

It's something for the Healer, it's a healer staff.
its a new weapon for healers only, basicly you click and it turns on a beam that connects to players (simular to the linkgun but then it locks on the player instead on the linkgun and it heals them)
You probably don't like it but whatever i just bring idea's :p

my 3th idea is an addition for the engineer masters (and maybe for the general too)
I Always like to mess around with vehicles but there are so little of them for all classes beside that one subclass i mean it's basicly only the Scorpion because the toilet car isn't really a vehicle. so my idea was to add 2 vehicles for the engineer so they have more options other then only camping. those 2 vehicles are the:
-Manta
-Raptor

I think that it's alot more fun with those two vehicles are more options

my 4th idea wont happen either but i hope it will!
Add an option to kick the bots when you are solo, this allows players that are capable of surviving without them to have a more challanging match. so when you are with 2 players they will come back or you need to both chose to kick them again. I Always get annoyed alot by bots when im playing alone, it littarly ruins my fun

that's all the idea's i have for now.

PS. fix the console bind for the Boots of Flight


Cheers, Scarlet

hollonPM
#8
Jan 31, 2017 7:36 PM
Hollon Admin - Joined: Sep 12, 2010
Posts: 230
nickgavran wrote:
1) As for Weapons Upgrades:
Grenade Launcher - Faster projectiles, faster detonation. (Maybe cannot be shot down by monsters) [As a general fix, can you make it so they're not destroyed by teammates for everyone please)
Bio-Rifle - Make it charge alt-fire goop faster. It's already bugged in the fact that WeaponSpeed does not affect it iirc.

I'm staying away from changing damage, firing rate, and projectile speed in these weapon upgrades. The RPG already modifies these. I can put in a small hax for the bio alt fire to load the goop faster, but it's more of a knockoff approach than an actual solution which is to edit the RPG, something I'm not touching. And because this is Disastrous Consequences, I'd rather take the quality approach.

nickgavran wrote:
3) Movement Ideas: 2 types of teleport.
No.1 functions like the 'Teleporter' artifact,
No.2 will teleport you to whereever you are currently aiming, instantly.
Ghost-movement. Very slow movement, but you can ghost through walls and everyt object, monster, player etc. constantly (and fly too of course) (Might be a bit exploitive, but OOB should kick in if you stay OOB too long).

I've been meaning to modify the teleporter to teleport players near a monster that is furthest away from the current location, or at least a random one that is at least x distance from the current location. I know right now it's sometimes bugged and teleports you a small distance over.

Ghost is an interesting idea, but I don't think I'd like it for this subclass. Too much overlap with boots of flight, but would be a great addition for Necromancer-- the globe version for them. Your power ideas are also great; try to come up with more unique ones than projectile-based. Blackhole sucks monsters in, which gives players room for strategy play. Meteor covers an area, which gives players room for strategy play. I can modify the waves a bit to give some potential for a strategic use.

nickgavran wrote:
Also I was thinking that the Nali should support a bit different than normal AM that fits the Unreal and Nali theme very well:
You summon special items from Unreal 1, Since the Nali in Unreal 1 is known to lead you to secrets, health pickups, weapons, damage amplifiers etc.
All of these items except Nali fruit 2 and 3 and Invul Pickup exists, but that would only require small re-textures.

So when I think of new subclasses or when making changes to existing ones, I primarily think first about function: how does this differ or play differently from other subclasses, and how does it relate to the class overall?

The pickup ideas are great, but there is overlap with Medics. Even for non-health pickups like adrenaline and DD, it doesn't fit with the AM class which primarily is non-supporting until I created the Craftsman. If anything, it really should fall under Craftsman. In my opinion, one of the mistakes Druid/Szlat made with the later versions of DruidsRPG was that they included health, adrenaline, and ammo boosting for Base Specialists. Shield boosting was just fine, but the other three boosts gave too much overlap, and when there is overlap, other classes have less power and less opportunity. I haven't played U1 much and did not know that Nalis summoned pickups. It might be more appropriate then to rename the subclass. Now that I think about it, Craftsman might be better renamed as the Nali-- supportive and deals with magic. We could then properly give the item-spawn feature for them instead.

Now if that route were taken, my next qualm is function overlap. You have a remote damage booster artifact and you can spawn a DD pickup. Why have both? Same with the safety remote and inv pickup. I want to keep things clutter free and get rid of things that serve the same function and try to keep that original DC-simplicty play.

The function for this subclass is to be an expert in several artifacts and do well in them, rather than have a damage boost with all artifacts like Extreme AM. How about we name it Artifacts Proficiency instead?

Which gives me another obvious idea- the more kills with one type of artifact, the higher it's damage?

nickgavran wrote:
6) Necro should be affected by Damage/Safetyspheres, as they currently do not. Hardcore only states you cannot be healed by a friend, so no healingsphere/blast makes sense.
To differentiate it a bit from WM, I suggest that you lower the levels of Vampirism a bit, but give it a level or two of Vampiric Surge. Meaning to keep HP up, you don't only need to damage, but ALSO kill. Also careful with lowering weapon damage. It is the heaviest of nerfs, and a slight decrease could make it completely unviable.

Hardcore and DD/Safety sphere was done with Szlat, though remote works. I don't see why sphere artifacts shouldn't affect Hardcore but remotes can.

My aim with Necromancer now is to stray away from killing by weapon and instead give them a unique, more thematic way to kill monsters and regain health. Both Vampire and especially Vampire Surge would encourage weapon-based kills.

nickgavran wrote:
Next idea is either for ClassicRPG weapon upgrade system, or possibly for the Nali Subclass (or other). The basic idea is to imbue your weapon with Magic, much alike %CTC. (% Chance to Cast)
This is the same concept as Vorpal, where its' power is to instagib.
Basically an ability, that will grant all or some weapons %CTC something special.
To give you an example I thought of this:
Bio-Rifle. Primary fire; low chance to fire a lavaskaarj goop, lower chance to fire an arctic skaarj goop (so it would technically replace the normal bio goop for that 1 shot)
Secondary Fire: Moderate %CTC Slug Goop (with poison), Low %CTC Ice Slug (with freeze), lower %CTC Fire slug (with burning).
LinkGun: %CTC, next x shots will be linked shots (as if you were linked, meaning yellow damageboosted shots). Both primary and secondary fire. Etc. etc. etc.

Interesting! Never thought of this. Let's boil it down to it's core: it's a % chance that one of the shots has a damage boost (Arctic/Lava goop, linked link proj), which is much less exciting than a Vorpal. We could do something crazy like % chance that a rocket will become a Cosmic Titan blast, or % chance that a shock ball will become a black hole. Now it's matching a Vorpal! This changes weapon tactics a bit though, and you don't know when to expect the CTC. Should you spam your rocket or be more cautious?

I'll put it on the back burner, but it will need a bit more thought before making it on the list.

nickgavran wrote:
9)An ability with many levels. Each level, you are given a new sound to play. Each new level gives you a sound of a more powerful monster. So Pupae -> Razorfly -> Manta sound etc. Can play the sound every x seconds/minutes. Can be bound to a key, just like you have a "Second horn bind". Might even be the same bind, but just on foot, rather than in a vehicle for more optimization.

I kinda like this. Simple, relates to invasion, and fun. Some might confuse it with a monster but that's a bit of a stretch.

xscarlet wrote:
So my first and my best idea to be added in the server is:
a new blast!
It's a pink coloured blast and gets used like the poisonblast and the megablast.
what does it do?
after the the explosion the hit monsters are confused for C.a. 5 sec
in other words the monsters stop attacking anybody for a short amount of time. the cost would be around 100/150 adrenaline (or even higher for that matter)
and the cooldown is 20 sec (depends on how long you want to make the cooldown, could be longer could be shorter)
i think it's a great idea for adrenaline masters.

We had a Freeze Bomb artifact that Szlat removed because no one really used it. All it did was null monsters, but I don't think it stopped them from firing. That feature would definitely make it more popular.

xscarlet wrote:
It's something for the Healer, it's a healer staff.
its a new weapon for healers only, basicly you click and it turns on a beam that connects to players (simular to the linkgun but then it locks on the player instead on the linkgun and it heals them)

Cool concept, but too much overlap with the regular medic weapon and healing artifacts. Less replication, more uniqueness!

xscarlet wrote:
I Always like to mess around with vehicles but there are so little of them for all classes beside that one subclass i mean it's basicly only the Scorpion because the toilet car isn't really a vehicle. so my idea was to add 2 vehicles for the engineer so they have more options other then only camping. those 2 vehicles are the:
-Manta
-Raptor

Unfortunately, this is one of those things where you have to be in that subclass to enjoy that feature. I'm positioning the Auto Engi as a mobile engi- and with Raptors and Mantas as the best maneuvering vehicles, it's rightfully theirs.

xscarlet wrote:
my 4th idea wont happen either but i hope it will!
Add an option to kick the bots when you are solo, this allows players that are capable of surviving without them to have a more challanging match. so when you are with 2 players they will come back or you need to both chose to kick them again. I Always get annoyed alot by bots when im playing alone, it littarly ruins my fun

I think this is more out of my department and more with Demon and Jefe. It's a big gameplay change. One way to work around it is to order the bots to stay put, preferably somewhere where there is least traffic, or order them to stand near the edge of a fall-off or kill volume.
Steam: hollon11
Last edited by: hollon Jan 31, 2017 7:43 PM
hollonPM
#9
Jan 31, 2017 8:03 PM
Hollon Admin - Joined: Sep 12, 2010
Posts: 230
And because there is a character limit to posts..

Some additional ideas I've had in the shower and in other mind-stimulating environments:

1) Ghost and Gold pets. Just like Ice and Fire before, it is an exact counterpart but with 2x/3x more HP. This is an inefficient use of resources by having players load new texture. Let's have ghost pets be non-corporeal to material projectiles, so things like rockets and bullets will pass through them. Damage by plasma-based attacks like Queens, Cosmics, Necros, Skaarj, etc.

For Golds, let's have them resistant, even immune, to Titan rocks. Pets are the worst against Titans. They don't strafe, and even if they do, they don't have the AI to stay away from Titans. But Gold is weak, so let's turn them into Crystal/Diamond pets, and get rid of the Gold textures.

2) Unlockable Wave 17
Yeah... yep. Unlockable bonus wave 17. Should be rare or difficult to unlock. So let's say you need an artifact to unlock it. It isn't dropped by monsters. Cool... how do you get it? It'll only spawn on Lucky +9. Cool.. how do you get Lucky +9? Max out a Lucky to +7 then use plus one to make it +8. But how do you go that extra step to get +9? Find another artifact to plus one it again (specifically for Lucky +8, I know you can't use plus one twice), which will be dropped by monsters. So you need two rare artifacts: the Lucky +1, and the one that actually unlocks wave 17.

Craftsman will also be able to shortcut this too and use double modifier on Lucky. I'll make it the same chance on +18 as on +9.

So what would be on wave 17? A "boss" maybe? Let's be realistic here- I absolutely will not turn this server into an "extreme invasion server" with 1,000,000 HP bosses that do instant-kill damage. You all know me better than that. A boss that will require wit and strategy to kill than mindless flak-pounding. And of course, nothing cheap like Vorpal to one-shot it or vehicle-crushing to instant kill it. End-match XP most likely won't be granted if you finish 16 and move on to 17, so let's increase the end-match XP if you beat 17.

I'm aiming for a once in a blue moon wave 17 if you're 1) lucky enough to get to Lucky +9 (the pun hahaha), and 2) if you're patient enough to wait for the key to spawn. So this should be more of a fun, bonus thing than be a part of regular gameplay.

This is entirely concept though and I don't even know if I will be able to make it happen. But as the thread suggests, just an idea. Also, don't be afraid to challenge my ideas. Obviously I have good reasons for them, but a quality project is one with input from all sides.
Steam: hollon11
Last edited by: hollon Jan 31, 2017 11:06 PM
xscarletPM
#10
Feb 01, 2017 3:21 AM
Non-member Joined: Jan 26, 2017
Posts: 7
I keep posting, dang

So i got a pretty big idea that will change the gameplay.
It's a new menu! (one that works diffrent from the xp system)
I think the most logic key to bind it to is K (because that's next to the L menu)
It's a menu that has special features and challanges for players to try and beat.
Basicly you open the menu, you can open a list with challanges and you get rewards based on how much of a challange it was. (limited one challange at the time)

Example; kill 5 invis kralls. reward: 30xp
Example; kill 5 stone titans. reward: 20 adrenaline
Example; kill 10 fire titans. reward: 100xp
Example; make 5 vehicle manslaughter kills. reward 10xp
Example; make 20 lightning rod kills. reward: one double damage
Example; make 20 kills with the ShieldGun. reward: 20xp
etc...

I think if you add this to the server you make the server fresh and more optional in alot of ways, aswell as getting the players to do something diffrent other then the generic stuff they Always do. I know that I love mini side challanges. it keeps the game fresh and fun!

Also, this could go really well with the other idea's we had so far, unlocking wave 17 could go hand in hand with the new challange thingy, aswell as the special shot chance idea from gavran (make 3 lavaskaarj goop kills) etc..

I honestly hope this will be added above everything else i suggested so far.

Cheers, Scarlet
Last edited by: xscarlet Feb 01, 2017 3:29 AM
PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT