Ubisoft's Ghost Recon: Future Soilder released today for the PC. Also released today is a significant day 1 patch to improve stability for the platform.
PC Version Key Features:
· Support of DirectX 11 allow the addition of stunning visual details through displacement mapping and additional global illumination effects;
· More complex materials through the use of parallax occlusion mapping, gloss maps, and specular maps;
· Improved dynamic lighting;
· Volumetric lighting effects;
· Soft shadows;
· Improved post-processing with better HDR and motion blur;
· Playable with keyboard and mouse, or with wired and wireless Xbox 360 pads;
· Will be available via digital distribution;
· Windows XP* patch coming shortly after release.
The Campaign and Guerrilla are playable cooperatively with up to 3 friends online. There is neither split-screen feature nor LAN support in the PC version.
The adversarial experience has been created by Red Storm Entertainment, the studio behind the critically acclaimed GRAW-series MP modes. Adversarial features 4 game modes focused on objectives and cooperation and can be played up to 12 players.
Gunsmith customization mode lets you choose from dozens of attachments and components to create over 20 million weapon variations.
Minimum hardware requirements:
Supported Operating Systems*: Windows Vista® (with Service Pack 2)/ Windows 7® (with Service pack 1), both 32 bit & 64 bit versions;
PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz;
RAM: 2GB Windows Vista or Windows 7;
VIDEO CARD: 512 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS/AMD Radeon HD 4650.
DIRECT X: DirectX 11;
DVD-ROM DRIVE: DVD-ROM speed 4x, dual-layer drive;
SOUND CARD: DirectX 11 – compliant sound card;
HDD space: 25 GB.
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9450/ AMD Phenom II X4 940 or higher;
RAM: 3 GB Windows Vista® & 7®;
Graphics Card: 1024 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD/ATi HD 5850 or better.
To learn more: Official Ghost Recon Website