Courtesy of Nathan Andrews on YouTube:
Video created by: Nathan Andrews
Edited by: Andrea Andrews
I've added full head tracking and weapon tracking to Half-Life 2 in preparation for the Oculus Rift dev kit launch. Once the official rift apis are available I'll integrate them, giving people ~70 hours of content (this also works for episode 1 & 2, the lost coast and tons of user generated maps, etc) that they can use to test out their Rift.
This video shows a handful of scenes of me ... [read more]
With the recent release of Natural Selection 2 [Available for sale on Steam and other places! ( http://www.naturalselection2.com/
)], RockPaperShotgun has written a great article mixed in with some direct commentary from some of the developers of NS2.
The article is a wonderfully entertaining read for gaming enthusiasts, and the game is definitely worth the wait.
Zombies to Plague Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Launch This Tuesday, August 21
When Counter-Strike: Global Offensive launches this Tuesday, August 21, you’ll find the terrorists and counter-terrorists will have something a little more important on their hands to deal with than shooting each other.
Zombies, that’s right, zombies, will be plaguing the PC launch of CS:GO. According to the official blog, “the guys over at plaguefest.com have been working with us to get Zo... [read more]
The developers of Black Mesa issued this recent comment on the launch of their social media campaign:
"Thank you all so much, it's really great to have your support! With your help we have now kicked off our social-media campaign towards our first release! You can expect more updates from us in the near future. Today we are sharing this fantastic batch of screenshots that really gives you the first glimpse into the gameplay of Black Mesa. This is just the beginning. We have more in stor... [read more]
Via Valve Press Release
Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) is targeted for release on August 21, 2012.
To be available via the Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and Steam (for PC and Mac
), CS: GO will expand upon the team-based action gameplay pioneered when Counter-Strike was launched ... [read more]
With the updated working game server browser in CS:GO Beta and in anticipation of the full retail release, GameTracker.com has added official support for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
We will be sifting through beta servers and making more available, but you can start adding yours today!
More information about the game available on the CSGO page:
Get your server today at http://www.gameservers.com/game_servers/counter_strike_global_offensive.php
Earlier today, Valve released an update to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
Below is the official changelog:
• Updated weapons based on performance metrics:
- Slightly increased the damage for the fiveseven to keep it on par with other pistols.
- Lowered the max width of the recoil patterns for the MG's to make them better for their price point.
- Lowered the spread on the Negev to be more in line with the m249.
• Improvements have been made to burst fire and tappi... [read more]
May 22, 2012 2:46 PM
Yesterday, Valve released the BETA 14 update for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
Below is the changelog:
• Tweaks to the recoil model based on player feedback.
• Decreased the throw velocity for Incendiary and Molotov grenades. They can no longer be thrown far enough to block terrorists from leaving spawn in Inferno.
• Removed the ability to exploit the radar data.
• The aiming precision now changes back to the standing accuracy state immediately after the crouch bu... [read more]
May 12, 2012 3:15 PM
Today Valve has released yet another update to the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive BETA. The update adds some new options to the 'Find a Game' menu, as well as the additions of Nuke SE and Inferno SE to the rotation.
Below is the official changelog:
• Added Classic Casual to the Find a Game options.
• Increased running inaccuracy of rifles and snipers. Lowered recoil of negev, lowered standing inaccuracy for negev. improved famas secondary burst grouping, increased ak47 re... [read more]
May 05, 2012 11:45 AM
Click here to watch the new trailer for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. To celebrate the new CS: GO trailer, the Counter-Strike franchise is 75% off this weekend!
"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombard, VP of Marketing at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headlin... [read more]