|dirtysouth3o5 • PM||
Feb 12, 2011 6:26 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
i recently installed my bf2 game...after a while of not playing i have all the beta updates or patches...i am now getting kicked for
punkbuster...reads as follows
punkbuster kicked 3o5dirtysouth (for0 minutes0
restriction service communication failure:
please if there is anyone who can give me a little help here i would greatly appreciate it..i have always played with no problems..i stopped playing for several months.. and now i just want to know if there is an update on punkbuster or somthing...and a link i can go to..to fix the problem..
thank you kill em all
|muhadjedin • PM||
Feb 14, 2011 6:58 AM
Joined: Feb 2011
you must run the bf2 as administrator
|arcanium36 • PM||
Feb 14, 2011 10:11 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Yup he's right you must run program as admin
|gas2gas • PM||
Oct 09, 2012 6:37 AM
Joined: Sep 2012
I had a similar problem with my re-install of BF 2 after a 4 year hiatus. Here is what I had to do.
Punkbuster Installation (fixes most PB problems)
Important Note: pbsvc installs the punk buster 'engines' or applications. PBsetup installs the files/gas the 'engines run.
1. Download http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php pbsvc (a tool that updates/installs the Punkbuster Services).
2. Start pbsvc installer, you should see options for install, uninstall, test.
3. Run the Uninstaller in pbsvc, this removes all Punkbuster Services from your computer
4. Once the pbsvc Uninstaller completes, navigate to your Battlefield 2 installation directory (default is C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2) and delete the pb folder to remove any leftover files.
4. Restart your computer.
5. Run pbsvc again and Re-Install all Punkbuster Serivces, pay attention to any messages that come up during the installation. ( if your using Vista DO NOT set compatibility to XP, run as admin ok)
6. After pcsvc installs, click the "test" option to check the punk buster install you just did.
5. Make sure it comes back "all green"
6. Download pbsetup (this is separate from pbsvc, it's a tool that automatically updates your Punkbuster BF2 file).). If your using Vista DO NOT set compatibility to XP, run as admin.
7.Create a pbsvc installer shortcut AND pbsetup program shortcut on your desktop.
8. Run pbsetup (from the shortcut on your desktop) and Add Battlefield 2 if its not already listed, then click on update and let it update the BF2 files, pay attention to any messages that come up during the installation.
9. You should now be fully updated and working, if you still are getting kicked, post your error in this thread.
10. If all that didnt work, some advanced additional steps can be followed here: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f370...led-fixed.html
Check Punkbuster B is set to auto re-start.
->Open your Control Panel -> Go to Administrative Services -> Click on Services while PR is running.
->Select Punkbuster B, right click, select properties -> select the recovery tab and make sure they all say "Restart the service" for all three dropdowns.
->You can do the same for PB A, but majority of times, it's the B client that stops responding.
** Any time you update PB, you may need to re-do this step.
Firewall not set up (open) for BF2 and punk buster
UPDATE YOUR FIREWALL
Make sure your firewall has permission for:
(search for your location)
or (not 100% sure but for 32 bit O/S I think it's)C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW32\PNKBSTRA.EXE
"C:\Users\"your user name here"\AppData\Roaming\PnkBstrB.exe"
Don't forget to open for BF2VoipServer as well:
C/Program Files/EA Games/Battlefield 2/BF2VoipServer.exe