|burn • PM||
Aug 15, 2010 12:44 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
This Help & FAQ section exists so that you can ask questions about the GameTracker website. Never post your password, admin password, etc. We will not need any of them. Please try to search the forum before posting, as your question may have already been answered.
Visit http://www.gametracker.com/forums/ to find the correct forum category.
To better answer your question, please be as detailed as possible. Consider including the following:
1. Link to the appropriate page(s) pertaining to your question.
... eg. Problem seen on http://www.gametracker.com/servers/
2. Describe what you are doing, what you expect to happen, and what is actually happening along with any error messages or descriptions.
3. Screenshots can be helpful, especially if you do not have perfect English.
Frequently asked questions/topics
GameTracker cannot scan my server.
We may have an additional guide available for you or another user may have had the same problem. Please visit the forum home and find the game in the right column. Look through the game forum, especially in the Server Administration forum.
Please ensure the following:
1. You are entering the correct IP, Port, and Query Port, and your server is set up correctly to run off of these.
2. Your server is not blocking the GameTracker scanners. Your query port should be open in any firewall you run for TCP & UDP traffic and portforwarded in your router, if applicable. Guides on this may be found in the documentation that came with it, at the manufacturers website, portforward.com, or other websites. You may also want to try temporarily disabling the firewall or whitelist the scanner IPs mentioned in a later FAQ topic below.
3. Your server needs to be online.
You may want to download a tool like HLSW (hlsw.org) to troubleshoot the scanning (given that you are scanning it from outside the network the server is on.
What are GameTracker's IPs?
Be advised, it would be in your best interest to invest in decent network protection to better protect you from DDOS and help you mitigate them when they do occur. However, if you are simply looking for a band aid solution for your network security, you can whitelist:
How can I manage my server page?
You need to claim the server in order to prove that you are an administrator of the server. Claiming your server page gives you access to modify the clan shown, manage blog posts, reset player stats, edit the "about" block, change the location flag, and more. It also allows the page to save player history.
1. Visit your server page and click the link near the map image (to the left of it) named "(claim server)" or "None - Claim Now!"
2. Find the "Claim Ownership" button.
3. To the right of the button, you will see a (?) button you can click to get instructions on how to do this.
Once you claim it, there will be a "Manage" link on the server page in the sub-menu above the map image or on your favorite servers page http://www.gametracker.com/servers/.
Can I change the IP of my server page?
There is currently no feature to do this. We cannot do this for you either. Your rank will renormalize in roughly a week and you will be at the same rank you would have been at in either case.
Can I merge player nicknames on my server?
There is currently no feature to do this. We cannot do this for you either.
Can I delete my account or change my username?
Yes, please visit the account options page.
Where should I post my GameTracker Premium questions? There is no Premium forum.
As mentioned in the Premium package page and in the subscription welcome email, servers are "self-managed." This means that you are expected to know or be able to find out how to set up and administrate your servers. If you have any issues regarding the service or billing, be sure to send an email to the address mentioned in the premium web panel. If you have a pre-sales question, feel free to post in the Help & FAQ forum.
I found a fake server or want to request my server be reranked
Please see the appropriate sticky topic in the Bug Reports forum.
Why was my server deleted? I did not do this.
Servers can be deleted in the following cases:
1. Server was automatically removed after extended downtime
2. Server was manually removed by you or any user who has the ability to claim it
3. Server was banned from the site
4. Server was deleted due to minor abuse
The GameTracker.com website is intended to be friendly towards people of ages older than 13+; therefore, users are not allowed to post nudity, graphic violence, illegal activity, and other inappropriate material. Swearing is acceptable given its use is minor and is not intended to be offensive. You should be respectful to all users.
You should to avoid:
1. Posting in any language other than English.
2. Posting to get unbanned from some server on the website.
3. Posting advertisements for commericial services or products unless you were approved.
4. Posting advertisements for anything illegal, like cracked, non-steam, or other downloads.
5. Posting new topics that are too simple, like only "lol" or ":)."
6. Posting flame topics or derail existing topics. You can visit your own website so you can thoroughly enjoy arguing with other children online.
7. Spamming multiple topics on the same issue
8. Bumping your forum topic within two days.
1. Create an accurate thread title (not "help")
2. Post in the correct forum. GameTracker questions go in the GameTracker.com forums, while game questions go in the game forums.
3. Check to see if there is already a topic on your issue to reply to.
Repeated offenses for any rule could lead to account suspension depending on the action and the severity. There may be rules not listed in this thread that are enforced at the moderator's discretion. These are only the common guidelines.
GameServers.com is the worldwide leader in game server hosting. GameServers is known for their industry leading prices, support, and superior performance. Servers starting from $0.99/slot public, $0.79/slot private.
Constant.com offers scalable VPS servers and dedicated servers to host your website, apps, and/or game servers. Constant offers very flexible packages and are known for their uptime. VPS servers as low as $20/mo.
Current Special: CS1.6 and CSS for $0.50/slot
Last edited by: burn Mar 23, 2013 7:57 PM