|chimaera500 • PM||
Nov 02, 2016 6:14 AM
Joined: Jul 14, 2009
There are regular requests for GameTracker to change the location flag of servers that other server owners feel unfairly disadvantage their ranking scores.
Let us be perfectly clear; we will not do so.
- There are thousands of servers tracked on GameTracker. It is not worth the time to monitor the flags on each and every one of them.
- Some people, for very good reasons (such as cost or performance), rent a server from a country that is not their own, but wish to encourage players from their own country to join.
- GeoIP databases are not 100% accurate.
- We do not believe it would be fair to 'punish' people for inaccuracies in these databases.
- We do not enforce/monitor location flags.
- If you claim your server, you can change the location flag on the server page without reprimand.
- If someone else claims a server, that person can change the location flag on the server page without reprimand.
- If the location flag is changed, you must wait two weeks to change it again. No exceptions.
- If requested by the server owner, we can revert it to the default flag (which also resets the two weeks).
You must use the forums please.
I will not reply to private message requests for support.
Forum Guidelines | Reporting abuse | Guides and FAQ
Last edited by: burn Nov 02, 2016 8:53 AM